Diesel engines are a preferred option for many drivers because of their greater fuel efficiency and longer lifespan when compared to gasoline engines. Like any other type of engine, a diesel engine needs upkeep and repairs to keep things running smoothly. Owning a diesel-powered vehicle, truck, or piece of heavy machinery requires having a reliable mechanic who can handle any necessary diesel engine repair
. Here we have listed the top 6 most frequent diesel repairs and offer suggestions on how to keep your diesel engine in good running condition with the help of a qualified professional in West Plano, TX
- Fuel system issues: The function of the diesel fuel system is to inject a precise amount of atomized and pressurized fuel into each engine cylinder at the proper time. In a diesel engine, combustion happens when this surge of fuel and hot compressed air combine. Any difficulties with the fuel system may result in a number of concerns, including difficult starting, jerky operation, and reduced fuel efficiency. Clogged fuel filters, malfunctioning fuel injectors, broken fuel pumps, and leaks are all frequent issues with the fuel system. To avoid these issues, it’s critical to maintain your fuel system on a regular basis by changing the gasoline filter and using high-quality fuel.
- Glow plug failure: Glow plugs heat the air in the engine’s combustion chamber, which aids in the ignition of the fuel. Hard starting, harsh idling, and bad fuel economy can all result from a failed glow plug. Glow plug failure can be avoided by routinely inspecting and replacing them as necessary.
- Turbocharger failure: A turbocharger increases the engine’s power by compressing air before it enters the engine. There are a few key indicators to tell you when your turbocharger fails. You will notice decreased power, black smoke from the exhaust, and a whining noise. Turbochargers can fail due to lack of maintenance or a damaged turbine or compressor wheel. To prevent turbocharger failure, it’s important to have it regularly inspected by a diesel mechanic who can detect issues before they become big problems.
- Cooling system problems: Because diesel engines produce a lot of heat, a strong cooling system is essential to avoid overheating.. Common cooling system problems include leaks, damaged hoses, and a failed thermostat. Regularly checking the coolant level and maintaining the cooling system can prevent these issues.
- Electrical issues: All engines require a fully functioning electrical system in order to run. Any issues with the battery, starter, or alternator can cause your engine to run poorly or not at all. To prevent electrical issues, it’s important to regularly inspect and maintain the electrical system.
- EGR valve failure: By sending some of the exhaust gas back into the engine, the EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) valve contributes to the reduction of emissions. If the EGR valve malfunctions, it might result in rough idling, decreased power, and increased emissions. It’s crucial to frequently check and clean the EGR valve to avoid failure.
At T&K Transmission & Automotive Specialists, we understand the importance of keeping your diesel engine running smoothly. Our team of certified mechanics have years of experience working on diesel engines. We have the knowledge and expertise to diagnose and repair any issue your diesel engine may have. Whether you need a simple maintenance check or a major repair, we’re here to help.
We take great pride in providing outstanding service to each and every one of our clients. To ensure that your diesel engine performs at its peak, we only utilize parts and equipment of the highest caliber. Our team is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and is always ready to answer any questions you might have.
Do not hesitate to contact T&K
if you need routine maintenance on your diesel engine or if you are experiencing any problems with it. We make it easy for you to get the service you need by offering competitive pricing and convenient appointment scheduling. To make an appointment or to ask any questions you might have, give us a call right away. We are always ready to help.